Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 5 and 6 - 365 Day Juicing Challenge

So I decided that Sundays posts will always arrive on Mondays. Who knew that one actually really needs a day off.  Truth be told it was a day of cleaning and grocery shopping, if you live local you know that one would REALLY need groceries in order to attempt those roads, GLARE ICE. I popped a GABA, scrapped the ice off my truck and took to the roads like a champ, okay, perhaps more like "that" person in an SUV driving 70 km/h down the highway with all the half tons flying by me, glaring. Obviously I successfully made it too the three out of four grocery stores I have to hit weekly to fill my family's tummy with 100% organic goodness. I just blessed that I can do it all in the Tri-municipal area without having to drive into Edmonton.  I am all about supporting local business and farmers.

So lets get to business now that I have updated you on the condition of my cupboards, our local highways, and my grocery store triumphs... ;-)

Day 5 Juice

So Sundays juicing was a combination of every bit of produce I had left in the fridge, it actually was quite good.
Left - with kiwi, right - without kiwi

1 Pear
1/4 Pineapple
4 Apple
2 handfuls of Cranberries
1 Kiwi

Cranberries are most known for combating Urinary Tract Infections, deliciously tart, and great for building immune defence.  Combining it with Pineapple with is rich in Bromelain, an enzyme useful in Bronchial irritation and respiratory health provides an excellent tonic for dealing with our winter colds. and the added kiwi just puts it over the top being an excellent source of vitamin C, A and E, as well as rich in minerals.

Overall this juice is rich in Beta-Carotene, folic acid, Vitamin C & E, Bromelain, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and sulphur. Great for Energy, Immunity, skin, and digestion.

Delicious combination if you feel that tight chest gripping at you.

Day 6 Juice

Mondays Juice actually is one of my favourites so far, next of course to the Purple Cabbage juice. I am always surprised when I juice a vegetable I have spent most of my life avoiding, combining it with a fruit and a spice as mesmerizing as nutmeg it can just POP.  It truly tickled my taste buds leading me to reach for another glass... So truth be told like a junky, I ran over and guzzled both of the kids as well. You know it was good when. ha ha

5 Apples
2 parsnips
sprinkling of grated nutmeg

Nutmeg has been useful in Rheumatoid arthritis, used as an anti-diarrhea, exhibits "extraordinarily potent liver protective activity (The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods)" Considerable antibacterial activity, disinfectant, and antiseptic. Just be careful not to consume too much as it is a potent hallucinogen with very unpleasant side effects. The amount you use in cooking, sprinkle on your egg nog, or on your parsnip apple juice are not going to take you on a trip far beyond your wildest imagination. ;-)

This juice is full of beta-carotene, folic acid, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and sulphur.

Seriously give this surprising combination a try, you won't be disappointed!



Juicing posts will be up in the afternoons from this point forward. I just don't want you sitting and waiting by your computer in anticipation for hours. That just wouldn't be fair. ;-)

Hope you are all having a great Monday!

Renee
xxx


No comments: