Saturday, February 1, 2014

10 Days of Juicing & Electronic Detox

So often we, I, forget to slow the heck down and remember what is most important.  My husband, my kids, me. It is so easy to get busy, and then busier that we get lost in the chaos.  Well luckily my internet provider reminded me by not providing usable service. ha ha.  I spend a lot of time on line with work and homeschooling.  My lack of connection has been a major issue the past two weeks, hence the lack of posts on here. ;-) At the risk of sounding a little "hokey pokey" as some may refer, sometimes the universe has a strange way of forcing us to slow down and disconnect.  Doing the things the old way.  Reading books, talking, and catching up on some much needed electronic detox. Well I can't say it was a full detox, I still have 3G on my phone and slightly dread my bill this month, ha ha. I have become very aware of the time I spending on my laptop, iphone, and ipad... way too much.  Life has an amazing way of teaching us the lessons we need to learn, it was nice to be open and aware of them this time... usually I have to be hit over the head with them a few times in order to recognize them. ;-)

We have continued juicing daily through this process, and have experimented with some infusions, and blended juicing as well.  Needed a little variety. I also had one day where I was out from sunrise to sunset and missed my juicing so I swung into a wonderful organic store in Sherwood Park had an inspiring visit with another Holistic Nutritionist and sipped on some very yummy juice from Glow. Felt a little like I was cheating but it was an inspiring combination of my favourite vegetables and apple, and ow so satisfying.  That is what I call fast food.

Here is our juicing from the past ten days.

Thursday
4 Apples
1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Friday
1 tbsp Organic Raw Coconut Oil
1 cup Organic Coconut Water - preferably Blue Monkey brand
1/2 c spinach
1/4 c Soaked Raw Almonds (soak in filtered water overnight)
1tsp of Vanilla
Salt
* this was a hard core blend - not for the juicing beginner but amazing!
I blended in the Vitamix on high for over a minute to allow the coconut oil to completely blend.

Saturday
4 Pears
1/2 Cucumber

Sunday
4 Carrots
2 Apples
1/2 inche of ginger

Monday
2 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 c Spinach
2 Celery
2 Carrots
2 Oranges
1 Parsnip

Tuesdays
4 Pears
1/2 Cucumber
2 Kiwi

Wednesday
2 Meyers Lemons
4 c Filtered water
1/4 c Mint Leaves - torn
6 dried elderberries
1/2 tbsp of Raw Honey
Put 1 cup of hot water in glass jug, add honey and stir.
Add elderberries
Cut lemons in half, squeezing the juice into the water, place the lemons in the water as well
Stir
Top with water and let sit.

Thursday
1 c Spinach
1/4 c fresh parsley
2 carrots
2 apples

Friday
GLOW JUICERY- from Urban Organics Market, in Sherwood Park
Apple
Beet
Cucumber
Carrot
Ginger
Was excellent, not quite like home, but definitely great.

Saturday
3 Apples
1/4 White Cabbage
1/4 Small Fennel Bulb
1 bunch Fresh Mint

I have never juiced fennel and don't often eat it, but enjoy the flavour... I am excited to see how this one turns out this afternoon.  I will post a picture on the facebook page of this delicious concoction.


I am going to post one of our families favourite cookie recipes on another post following.  That way it is easier to print.

Remember one small change is an easier step to a healthier tomorrow.  What will that one step be for you and your family?

Much Love

Renee
xxx


No comments: