Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Week of Juicing

Seriously, where does the time go!
So much for blogging daily my juicing challenge
I am not going to apologize, or blame it on anything... lol.
It is what it is.

After looking over the past few months blogs I am beginning to realize that blogging daily, is unrealistic.
Blogging weekly, that I can do.

From now on, the juicing blog will be posted on Tuesdays.
I am committed to that!

This little ramble can also relate to our relationship with food.  You see so many people go into the new year eager for change, making giant resolutions backed with admirable intentions.
They are dedicated and living their change the first few weeks, as time goes on life steps in the way...  Until they can convincingly talk themselves out of the newly stated goals. My weight isn't that bad, I think the stress of holding to this "diet" is causing me more harm then good, I don't think I need to explain more... we have all been there, we have all heard the "reasonable" explanations in our own head and from our tribe.  I refer to those self sabotaging thoughts as gremlin thoughts. ;)

What good is setting a goal if you can't actually achieve or stick with it with fierce determination.

A goal should never be about what you can't have.  The focus should never be on what you are eliminating.  The goal and focus should be on the positive.

An example would be

I am eliminating gluten, casein, and sugar.

Switch it too

I am excited to learn new cooking methods and recipes focusing on new whole grains, nut mylks, and finding a new relationship and love with the luscious fruits and vegetables full of sun sweetened flavours.  

The most important thing in making dietary changes be it eliminating specific reactive foods, or a goal of weight loss is to focus on the journey of all the amazing foods you are going to get to explore.  There are many of us who have taken this journey as well and have found amazing recipes (search pinterest and google with "holistic" on the end) to keep change positive and tasty. The more positive you think about your new lifestyle changes the more achievable and maintainable it will be. Keeping the little gremlin thoughts locked in the closet.

As for my 2014 goals
I have juiced daily (the days I haven't had access to my juicer I have found freshly squeezed juice) and have continued to work out as per my plan. Actually I have exceeded my exercise goals.  Booya. lol.  That being said my little gremlin thoughts show up almost daily trying to mastermind a plan to get me to slip up... you know the above mentioned excuses.  It has truly not been an easy thing.  How can I as a health practitioner ask you to make changes when I don't even have the willpower to make big changes.  That would be just a hair hypocritical... more like a whole wig.  (Bad I know, ha ha). That being said I am not perfect, that is why we are called human. But I have dug down deep and stuck with the resolutions I have put out there this year and intend to continue for the rest of my able days.

A goal is not about being the best at something or doing it perfectly, a goal is about directing your journey in a chosen direction and empowering yourself through a tribe/ support circle, education, or hiring someone to help keep you accountable.

A goal is about changing the way you think, changing the course you have previously taken and allowing a new journey to present itself. Being open to and accepting of change.

Please share your stories and achievements for your 2014 resolutions in the comments or on our Facebook page. If you need a tribe or support circle to help you continue or get you back on track also leave us a message... we will see what we can do ;-).

As for my 2014 word of the year, it is still about all the new beginnings.

Juicing

Wednesday
1 Cucumber
2 Pears
1/2 Pineapple
2 Broccoli stems
2 Apples
1/4 white Cabbage

Thursday
4 Pears
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
*juice and mix with cinnamon*

Friday
10 Carrots
2 Apples
1/4 inch ginger

Saturday
1/2 Purple Cabbage
4 Blood Oranges
2 Pears
1 inch ginger

Sunday
3 Green Apples
1 Pear
1/2 Cucumber
8 Carrots
2 Beets
2 Celery sticks

Monday
2 Beets
10 Carrots
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Pear

Tuesday
1 Pineapple
2 cups of homemade Coconut Milk
*mix together and serve*

Coconut Milk
2 cups of organic Coconut Ribbons
4 Cups of Filtered Water
1tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Coconut Oil

Put all ingredients for milk in blender, blending for approximately 5 minutes. Strain through a muslin mylk bag or muslin cloth and chill. Shake before serving.... amazing in homemade chai tea!!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone and remember be kind to yourself, remembering it is all a journey.  You have chosen to change. Enjoy the ride!

Renee
xxx



No comments: