Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mango Goodness

I don't usually blog on Sundays but my hubby is at work today, the kids are peacefully playing... I thought I would seize the opportunity to share the most delicious post workout Smoothie! It was one of those mornings where I have been fighting cravings of old habits and the last thing I felt like doing was working out.  I also had a delightful glass of organic Sauvignon Blanc last night right before bed... which I now is horrendous in every way for my body right before bed. lol. 

I finally made it downstairs and had one of the best and most inspiring workouts EVER! With a little Beyonce cranked and some Desire Mapping (Danielle Laporte's delicious new book) I kicked some serious ass... okay, for someone who has never really worked out. I am in week three of doing something physical, yoga or cardio, everyday.  It has been amazing! I ended today with some stretching and Sun Salutations, after 45 minutes of hard core cardio (okay a crazy fast walk run rotation, have to start somewhere right).

Coming up smack at lunch time usually isn't my ideal timing so I whipped up the kids and I a post workout smoothie (I have to omit banana's for my kids as we have an allergy, but added it too my half).  Here is the recipe, it is sinfully delicious!

Mango Madness

1c Mango (frozen or fresh)
1 Frozen Banana
1/4 c Raw Soaked Almonds (soak overnight in filtered water)
1c Organic Blue Monkey Coconut Milk
1/4 tsp of ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 scoop of Organic Hemp Protein Powder
1 cup of spinach or kale
If added sweetness is needed (in the kids sake because of the lack of banana, and needed minerals) add 1 or 2 Medjool Dates.

And Blend. 


Hope you all are having a wonderful winters day, wherever you may be! 

Happy Groundhog Day... here is too another 6 weeks of jack frost. lol

Renee 
xxx

No comments: